What kinds of information are we collecting?
- Information and content that you share with us
- We collect information that you provide when using our service. When registering, you will be asked to provide a username. Additionally, there are other forms of information that you may choose to share with our community, such as trades, reviews, comments, or votes.
- Usage information
- At times, we may collect or log data on how you are using our service, such as pages you are visiting, actions you are performing, the date you registered, and when you were last online.
- Steam information
- When using the option to sign in through Steam, or when a user completes a search for your profile, we will collect information corresponding to your Steam account. This information includes your Steam ID, avatar, level, game count, registration date, last online date, and a summary of your bans.
- Device information
- We may also collect attributes related to your device as you use our service, such as the IP address, unique identifiers, device IDs, cookies, operating system, and browser.
- You may also provide information when communicating with us. Such forms of communication may include direct emails or support tickets.
How will we use this information?
To provide and personalize our service
- We will display your username and avatar throughout our service, and next to content that you choose to share.
- An overview of your account and activity, along with the information we collect regarding your Steam account, will be used for your user profile.
- We may also use your information to administrate our service, and during communications with our staff to help resolve support tickets.
Safety and integrity
- We analyze Steam, usage, and device information to ensure the integrity and security of our service, and to prevent users from registering more than one account.
- We temporarily store server logs about user activity to help us identify abuse.
- We may use your information as a means of communicating with you regarding our service.
- At times we will aggregate non-personal information, such as demographics or usage statistics.
- User activity and device information is used to assess how our business is performing, and to provide insights into how we can improve our service.
- Usage and device information is used to help show personalized advertising, or relevant sponsored content.
How is this information shared?
- We will share your username and avatar publicly to identify you within our community.
- An overview of your account which includes the date you registered, when you were last online, and a summary of your activity will also be publicly available.
- Information collected relating to your Steam account will be publicly displayed on your profile.
Information you provide
- If you choose to share trades, reviews, or comments with our community, they will be publicly available.
- Our staff will be able to access your information to help administrate our service, identify abuse, or resolve support tickets.
- We may share non-personal aggregate information with our community, advertisers and/or other organizations. For example, we might show a user how many people have voted on their review, or we might inform an advertiser how many unique users visit our site per day.
- We use third party advertising companies to serve ads when you are using our service. These companies may use information about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide relevant advertisements about goods and services that may interest you. If you would like more information about this practice, or wish to opt out, refer to the consumer website of the NAI by visiting http://optout.networkadvertising.org, or the DAA by visiting http://optout.aboutads.info.
Law enforcement or legal requests
- We reserve the right to share personal information with law enforcement, or to respond to legal requests when we believe doing so is necessary to prevent fraud or abuse, to protect our legal rights, and/or the safety of our users or others.
Third party links or services
- We may include third party links or services. These third parties have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these links or services.
We will store information for as long as required to provide our service to you, or to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected as described in this policy. We also take into account legal or regulatory requirements when determining how long data needs to be retained. Certain information may be retained for as long as necessary to secure our service, conduct audits, or resolve disputes.
We save encrypted backups of our database on a regular basis, and we keep those backups for a period of one year.
What is our legal basis for processing your personal information?
- When it is required to provide our product or service, or to fulfill our commitments to you under our terms of service.
- When you have given us consent.
- When necessary to protect your vital interests, or those of another person.
- When necessary to comply with legal obligations.
- When necessary in the public interest.
- When we have a legitimate interest in using your information, unless those interests are overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms that require protection of personal data. For example, to provide and personalize our service, to secure our service, to administrate our service, to communicate with you, to understand how users are engaging with our service, and to improve the effectiveness of our advertising.
What are your rights under data protection laws?
Residents from specific regions, such as the EU, are provided certain rights regarding their personal information. These rights are listed below and are subject to applicable law.
- The right to be informed about how your personal information is being collected and processed.
- The right to access your personal information.
- The right to correct inaccurate personal information, or to have it completed if it is incomplete.
- The right to be forgotten, and to have your personal information erased.
- The right to restrict or suppress the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability, allowing you to obtain and reuse your personal information for your own purposes, or for other services.
- The right to object to the processing of your personal information.
- Rights related to automated decision making and processing, such as profiling.
How can you delete your account and personal information?
You will need to sign into your SteamTrades account and then navigate to the delete account page. Once you click the button to proceed with the deletion at the bottom of that page, your account and personal information will automatically be erased in two weeks.
The data controller responsible for your information is SteamTrades, which you can contact by email.